Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I Am Utterly Exhausted.

I think I've finally hit the wall.  I guess I'm just lucky that it's happening in the last week of school.

I have terrible insomnia that is completely exacerbated by stress.  Add to that my procrastination problems that have amounted to an absolute ass-load of homework that could have been avoided had I been more diligent earlier in the semester (total lesson learned, by the way), and I'm averaging about 3 to 5 hours of sleep a night.

This is leading to some surprising crap.  And some not so surprising crap.

For instance, this morning, I got gas before coming to school.  About halfway there after I got the gas, I remembered to reset the trip-o-meter on my odometer.  (This is pretty much a rule in our household, even though I have absolutely no idea why.  When we first got married, Spike sort of insisted on it and I eventually fell into step with it, not really understanding the reason behind it, but it takes me less than a second to do, so no skin off my nose.  I'm completely OCD about it now, though.)  I looked down and realized that at some point, I had totally already done it, and I have absolutely no recollection of doing it.  I have no idea when I did it.  I'm actually sort of suspecting that my car did it all by itself, knowing that I was going to want that done.  Maybe my car is anticipating my whim.  I could maybe get on board with that except that yesterday, I nearly bought two pairs of scissors when I meant to buy one.  At some point, I had put the scissors in my shopping cart and, not realizing I'd already done that, did it again.  I was completely bewildered when I found the second pair of scissors in there.  Once again - I have absolutely no memory of doing that.  This could be dangerous.

Besides accomplishing small tasks that I can't remember doing, I'm also making questionable choices.  Case in point: I trimmed my own bangs last night.  At the time, I had no sense whatsoever that this might be a bad idea.  I just figured that they were long and tacky-looking and in my way.  Did I have time to go get them trimmed professionally?  Hell, no, I have homework and not sleeping to do.  So I did it myself.  Now I look like I went down to the Golden Comb and had them done.  I probably should have gone the distance and given myself a home perm while I was at it.  At least then my granny-bangs would have hair-context.  As it stands now, I have a completely normal haircut with hideous bangs.  I feel like apologizing to people who have to look at me.

My algebra teacher has noticed my brain fatigue, also.  (I think the bangs might have been a big fat clue.)  He has suggested that maybe I take a pill on Sunday night that might ensure me some good sleep before the final Monday morning.  Bless him, that was very tactful.  At least he didn't say "Get you some sleep before you injure yourself with your sharpened pencil."

No comments:

Post a Comment