Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I Have Been Blasted Out of a Cannon.

I have decided that Summer School is like being shot out of a cannon and having to do a shit ton of things in the air before I hit the ground.  That cannon is called "Summer Semester."  It even says it down the side, in big, metaphorical letters.

School started on May 23rd, and since then, I have done three US History II tests, three English papers (well, two, but I'm working on the third and it has to be submitted by midnight tomorrow), an Environmental Science test (which required something like 21 straight hours of studying, and even then I think I must have studied the wrong stuff, because the test confused me) and hours upon hours of algebra.  It's getting so bad that when M2 sees my laptop on and open, he gets pouty.  He doesn't actually want to play with me or anything, he just doesn't want me working on homework so much.  (I've compromised and will turn on Real Housewives of Wherever, which he is addicted to as much as I am, and I work on homework with that running in the background and listening to M2's insightful commentary, which includes things like "That's a little dog.  I wonder what kind of dog that is.  What kind of dog is that, Mom?"  I am an awesome mom.)

The English and History classes are five-and-a-half-week courses.  They are a blessing and a curse wrapped up together in a tasty good-evil burrito.  The blessing part is that in five and a half weeks, they will be over, leaving me the other five and a half weeks in the semester to concentrate on algebra and Environmental Science.  The curse is that there's a paper every week, and a test every week, and all I ever do is study and write papers.

I have one paper left after this one and a departmental exam for English, and two tests and a research paper left for US History.  The end is in sight.  I just have to hold on a little bit longer and try not to go insane, and hope that the rest of my family can stick with me on this.  I also have to hope that the house, with my total lack of housework right now, can hold and maintain just a little bit longer.  I figure a little clutter is okay, but if it rises up and attacks us, it might be time to take a few minutes away from studying and clean that shit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment