Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Credit where credit is due

In honor of the Oscars, I've decided to do a Speech of Gratitude.

I have absolutely no idea how single moms go to work, take care of kids and go to school.  I absolutely could not do it.

So, first I'd like to thank my husband.  I met him when I was 14, married him when I was 20 and alllll this time, he has supported me in just about every harebrained idea I've come up with.  Including starting my business.  He is absolutely making this academic venture possible.  He makes sure that I have time to do my work.  He cooks meals for all of us when I can't get my shit together.  He's the main breadwinner while all this is going on.  He takes care of the kids when I can't, including staying home from work with them when they're sick and I have class.  In short, he is awesome.  And I totally know that after I get my degree and my high-paying job, he's going to quit his job and stay home playing video games all day.  Which he can.  For approximately a year.  Then it's back into the workforce, pal.

I also need to mention my in-laws.  They pick up the kids every Wednesday at school and keep them until their dad gets off work.  Then they take my whole family out to dinner every week, so that Spike doesn't have to cook.  They are awesome also.  I also fully credit them with raising a dude who turned out to be a great husband.

So, that's my Speech of Gratitude for now.  And now I have to go to class.

No comments:

Post a Comment