Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Break Was Last Week

Did you like what I did there?  A little symmetry for the post that was titled "Spring Break is Next Week?"

It's not awesome when I have to explain it, I know.

Spring Break went by really, really fast.  I did get to immerse myself in basketball, which was awesome.  I had a varying number of kids in my house all week - sometimes the requisite number (two), sometimes more (three for one day and night and for a memorable thirty minutes, four), sometimes less (I had one kid or the other depending on the day, and for one beautiful afternoon, zero).  By Thursday night, we had forgotten what M1 looked like, because she had gone and spent pretty much the entire week with her friend E.  Thursday night was when we finally pried them apart.

We learned valuable lessons on Spring Break this year.  Such as: if you think the Zoo would be an awesome way to pass a day, so does the entire population of the metropolis you live near.  And also, that metropolis's park rangers have figured out to close down all the free parking and funnel the one bajillion hopeful zoo-goers into pay-only lots.  So, note to self.  Get up early and do the members-only hour before the zoo opens up to everybody else.  Or stay home.  Those are your choices.

I also learned that my children don't love baskeball nearly as much as I do, but can be suckered into watching if the game is close at the end.  And, like most other sports, M2 can get invested heart-and-soul into a game he's been watching for approximately two minutes, and then howl like someone killed his dog (he doesn't even have a dog) when the team he randomly chose to root for based on uniform color/school name/school mascot/irrational hatred of Jimmer Fredette loses.

So, that's my post about Spring Break.  We did get to spend some time with my brother, sister-in-law and nephew, which was pretty awesome.  And I have a couple of other awesome stories.  Including one with a lizard which I will post next.  Stay tuned.

I have a great story about a lizard, but it really deserves its own post.

No comments:

Post a Comment